The Easter holidays began with 50 Mount Kelly swimmers racing at the Sheffield Premier Open Meet, marking an important competition opportunity within the national qualifying window. Over 100 new best times were set across the meet!
The event was followed by the Irish Open Championship in Dublin where Brydan won a senior bronze medal in the 200m Backstroke on his way to securing a consideration time for the European Youth Olympic Festival. Breanna and Katie were also in action posting new best times.
We then returned to Sheffield for the British Swimming Championships. Across the six days of this prestigious competition, our team of 37 swimmers produced some exceptional results with four swimmers achieving consideration times for the European Junior Championships and eight swimmers achieving consideration times for the Youth Commonwealth Games. We look forward to receiving selection news in the next few weeks.
Some particular highlights included:
- Blythe breaking the 16 Years 50m Backstroke British Record on her way to the senior bronze medal, beating Olympic Champion Kathleen Dawson in the process.
- Matthew winning five different events in the junior category throughout the week.
- Vadim posted some huge swims in both the 400m IM and 200m Breaststroke
- Erin broke the 50m, 100m and 200m Freestyle Open MK records
- Consideration times for the Youth Commonwealth Games where also achieved by Sophie, Hollie, Arun and Beth.
We now turn our attention to the South West Regional Championships which take place across three weekends and commence this weekend at Millfield School.
More photographs can be found on Facebook.
Article by Greg King-Limb, Assistant Director of SwimmingCategories: Swimming