In addition to our comprehensive academic programme of remote learning, Mount Kelly has designed an extra-curricular enrichment programme to bring pupils together and increase interaction between staff and pupils. Alongside this enrichment programme, there are also weekly events, competitions and other opportunities to maintain our community and keep the Mount Kelly spirit alive, including poetry slams, creative competitions, music and addresses.
The activities are delivered using Microsoft Outlook Teams Meetings, and include:
- The Creative Collective: learning a new creative skill such as photography, cooking, music and gardening.
- Culture Club: broadening cultural horizons, with members of staff leading pupils to a greater understanding of central figures and developments in culture, including the creative and performing arts, literature and poetry.
- Current Affairs & Debating Society (CADS): a livestreamed discussion forum, looking at political, social, economic and global affairs.
- Physical Exercise: The Mount Kelly Up & About, Rise & Shine Workout, strength and conditioning sessions, Speed, Agility and Quickness, Yoga and Pilates - all livestreamed and delivered by a member of our PE or SPC staff.
- Book Clubs
- Guiding Lights: a member of staff, or a Governor, presents on a cultural icon, or on a favourite piece of music, art, architecture or writing, its creation and history, and what it means in the modern age.