48 Mount Kelly swimmers took part in the South West Championships at Millfield School last weekend, in a full programme of events in which Mount Kelly placed a podium finish in almost every one.
Gold medals were awarded to:
- Federico Burdisso in the Senior 50 Free, 100 Fly, 200 Fly and 100 Free
- Oliver Taverner in the 50 Breaststroke
- Joseph Russell in the Junior 400 IM and 400 Free
- Georgina Dennis in the Junior 200IM, 200 Free and 400 Free
- Athena Clayson in Senior 100 Backstroke
- Kaylee Dekker in Junior 100 Fly
- Other podium places came from Alessandro Burdisso, Niamh Robinson, Harry Turner, Harry Noble, Ben Harrison and Linus Lauhnhardt.
Mount Kelly was also named Top Club at the recent Welsh Capital Open Meet in Cardiff with an impressive haul of 32 Gold, 17 Silver and 24 Bronze medals.
Jolyon Petty claimed the Top Boy prize with 160 Points from his performances across the weekend. His stand-out swim was a 29.92 in the 50m Freestyle, representing the fifth fastest all-time GB swim from a 10 year old.
Sandor Apponyi’s 50m Breaststroke swim of 31.68 also ranks him fourth fastest all-time GB swim from a 13 year old.
Benjamin Gillingham also achieved his first NQT for the Winter Championships in the 50m Freestyle with a huge new best time of 25.65.
Congratulations to the whole Mount Kelly team for a very strong start to the season.Categories: Archive News Blog School News