Year 10 pupils are taking part in the Tycoon in Schools Challenge for Secondary pupils. The challenge aims to encourage the UK’s young entrepreneurs to get involved in business, by giving them a loan of up to £1,000 per team. Mount Kelly has five teams from Year 10 Business GCSE taking part, selling items including; phone cases, Christmas decorations, origami, ginger ale and swim towels.
Pupils were responsible for coming up with the ideas, assigning roles, ordering stock and then selling it for a profit. The challenge runs alongside their studies and they can relate practical experience to topics within the syllabus, including marketing and finance.
After repaying the loans all profits will go to charity, and the School has selected lendwithcare.org, an organisation that allows people to lend money to entrepreneurs in developing countries to help them grow and support their families.
The teams would all be very grateful for your support. The challenge closes on Friday 15 December.
1. Merry Mix will be selling Christmas decorations at the Prep at the end of the school day, including artifical Christmas trees, tinsel, lights, crackers and ball balls.
2. Origami Tuck Shop sells origami and snacks from Asia during lunch times and after school, including at the Prep. All products cost £1 or less.
3. Danescombe Brewery is selling a natural Cornish ginger beer freshly brewed in the Tamar Valley. They sold out at the Bonfire Night, however, more will be available soon.
4. Towel Babes are selling Mount Kelly swim towels for £16 each in the School Shop. There are only eight of these unique towels so you will have to be quick!
5. Case Closed are selling iPhone cases and chargers for a variety of iPhone models, including; SE, 6, 6 Plus, 7, 7 Plus.
For more information about the Tycoon in Schools Challenge, visit www.tycooninschools.comCategories: Archive News Blog School News