The annual athletics meet at Blundell's on Friday 17 May was a fiercely competitive affair. The Mount Kelly team won many of the track events and held their own when it came to the field events. Highlights of the day included:
- Jed running the 1500m for the first time and lapping a couple of competitors on his way to breaking the meet record by several seconds
- Wins in the Open and Junior 100m for Bartholomew and Elijah respectively
- Ruth won the 75m hurdles
- Georgia and Rory both won the 200m
- Barnaby, Keziah and Matilda won the 800m in their age groups
- Barnabas comfortably won the long jump by over 50cm
Whilst the wins were of course fantastic, the effort and teamwork of the whole squad meant that, even missing a couple of competitors, Mount Kelly finished a very respectable third overall. The behaviour and attitude of the team was outstanding and they were a credit to the school.
A smaller team traveled to King's College, Taunton on a glorious Sunday afternoon. The event was extremely well run and not only did we perform well on the track, but also had the fastest hobby horse competitor in Elijah who went round the 'fun course' in six seconds! There were plenty of medals and the pupils who attended all had a fantastic experience.
- Ruth comfortably won the 75m hurdles
- Jed won the 800m
Our bi-athletes also joined us for the event. Aaliyah picked up Gold for Mount Kelly in the Girls' event and Aston took Gold in the Boys', with Alexander taking Silver and Frederic taking Bronze.
Thank you to the competitors, staff and parents for making the effort to attend on Sunday. It is the memories of competitions like this which will stay with our pupils for many years to come.