The weekend for most pupils is a time for relaxing, following interests, socialising with friends and family and catching up with academic work.
As a community we do our best to ensure there are opportunities for boarders to engage in simple/regular weekend activities that most pupils would have access if they were at home as well as giving them the space to make choices about how to use their time.
There is a however a clear structure to the weekends – as follows:
- Breakfast is at 08:30
- Full boarders are expected to participate in the Saturday Activities Programme. The day pupils are also strongly encouraged to take advantage of the opportunities on offer. See the House and School noticeboards for further details.
- Saturday is also a main fixture day – if you are selected to represent a team, please check the noticeboards in main block (at the bottom of the chapel steps) for match details including timings. Parents are welcome and encouraged to support and are very welcome to join us for match tea in the dining room.
- When Boarders have finished their commitments they must liaise with the duty member of staff to discuss their plans for the afternoon.
- Boarders must report to the House by 18:45 for a House registration – thereafter, they need to discuss their plans for the evening with the duty member of staff.
- Activities and bedtimes on Saturday evening are at the discretion of the duty member of staff.
- A brunch serving English cooked breakfast and continental breakfast and cereals is served from 11:30.
- A programme of Sunday Activities is available to parents and pupils in advance.
- Sunday is traditionally a more relaxed day. Many pupils in the senior Houses enjoy the opportunity to relax, catch – up with work, walk into Tavistock etc but, if they are organised they can plan their own excursion to Plymouth. This is permissible for Year 11 and above but is always at the Housemaster/mistress’s discretion.
- The ‘golden rule’ is to ensure that they discuss their arrangements with the Duty member of Staff.