Mount Kelly swimmers enjoyed a very busy Easter, participating in competitions across Europe and Australia. The highlights include:
- Niamh Robinson represented the Isle of Man at the Commonwealth Games on the Australian Gold Coast, producing a fantastic set of performances and improving all her life time best performance times in the 200 breaststroke, 200 IM, 100 breaststroke and in her contribution to the 4×100 Medley relay.
- At the Italian Championships in Riccione, Federico Burdisso won the men’s 200 Fly in a world class time of 1:57.83 which qualified him for the European Senior Championships in Glasgow in August. Federico also swam in the 100 Fly and set a new Mount Kelly Senior record of 52.58. Both of Federico’s 200m and 100m Fly currently rank him in the top 25 swimmers in the world this year. Federico has been also selected to represent Italy at the European Junior Championships in Helsinki in July and at the Olympic Youth Games in Buenos Aires, Argentina in October.
- Kaylee Dekker also gained selection for the European Junior Championships in Helsinki by achieving the qualifying time at the Swim Cup International event in Eindhoven, Holland. Kaylee will be representing the Dutch team.
- In the Scottish National Age Group Championships, Douglas Kelly, Georgina Dennis, Sophie Main and Louise Edmunds swam with distinction, winning 14 medals between them.
- Katie Moss, Finlay Middleton, Benjamin Grainger, Alexander Hobbs and Lily MacLeod gave outstanding performances at the National Junior Para Swimming Championships in Southhampton. They won 18 medals between them; 15 of which were Gold!
- Sam Van Der Stroom competed in Holland over the Easter break and won the Bronze medal in the 1500m Freestyle in the Dutch National Championships.
- Harry Turner collected a Silver Medal in the 50m Freestyle at the Welsh National Championships.